Friday, February 13, 2015

Slappin Da Bass (Weekend Edition)

Okay, cue the music. It's time to get the weekend started.

"Slappin da bass mon"
I've recently noticed that my musical adventures have become a sad ritual of standing in the middle of my living room and cranking the stereo until the amp fans kick on and it's near the point of overload. This is usually mixed with air guitar/drumming and the consumption of a weeks worth of coffee.  As a former drummer in a long list of actual bands, this makes me sad. I need to PLAY music, not just playback music.

Now that I have this studio and it's full of everything I need to drive my neighbors crazy, you'd think that I'd be all over that on a daily basis. The dream, right? Well, unfortunately, most of the action my gear has seen in the last few years has involved a dust rag the occasional tuning. SAD. STORY.


Where my bros at? Where my homies at? (just before at)

How did we all* allow this to happen? (*you know who you are)


The good news? This is an easy fix. A time machine and a little practice and we'll be right back in the hunt for early 2000's music stardom. Or maybe we'll just settle for playing a few shows a year and be happy with getting out of the house for something other than a grocery or hardware store errand. Yeah, probably the second one. Okay... that too might be a stretch.

I guess that's not really a fix at all. Hmm. Anywho...

It's time to play some music. An hour here or there, maybe a day on the weekend. Let's just play something.

I'm tired of my musical adventures looking like the above but feeling more like this...

"Slappin the mon with a bass"

Happy Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment