Thursday, May 5, 2011

Friday, Best day of the week?

Friday. It's the day of the week that a lot of us look forward to the most. Well, unless you're a retail employee. Then it's the day you probably fear the most. For the rest of us it is the day that marks the end of the work week and the beginning of freedom. Like being released from prison. Now, I don't care if you love your job or not, it's still something that you have to do while the weekend is yours to make all your own. Monday through Friday I'm an IT guy, but on Saturday and Sunday I can be anything I want. I can become a sloth-like creature that consumes thousands of calories worth of Pringles while watching dorky 80's movies. I can become proactive in the community and help others who are less fortunate. I can even become a rock star(in my basement). It's all up to me.

But why pick Friday as the best day? Why not Saturday or Sunday? For me it's because Friday is the magic day. It's both the day of release and the day of planning. It's a fresh start and you have a whole evening to plan it, unless it's this week.

This week I'm lucky enough to get two Fridays. That's right... It's 5:00pm on Thursday and I'm officially off work for the weekend.

I think I'll call it Frursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment